Santa sets up town centre grotto in Workington
Last updated at 13:16, Friday, 14 December 2012
Santa Claus and his little helpers have arrived in Workington town centre for Christmas.
Santa’s grotto opened on Campbell-Savours Way on Saturday and will be in the town for the next two weekends in the lead-up to Christmas.
It is located in an empty unit opposite Home Bargains.
The Rotary Club of Workington is running the grotto and Debenhams has decorated it and donated Christmas books to give as presents.
Jeff Taylor in Workington donated a red carpet for the grotto.
The grotto will run from 11am to 4pm every Saturday and Sunday until Christmas.
Entry is be free but Rotary is suggesting a £3 donation for charities.
First published at 12:13, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (9 comments)
- Artwork reflects Maryport history
- Little Clifton couple on a mission to help Gambia
- Tune in to Maryport man's pampered pooch TV reality show
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (7 comments)
- Dog-friendly Keswick pub set to reopen (2 comments)
- Maryport bus cuts hit traders (1 comment)
- Award chance for Greysouthen writer
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud
- Funeral tributes to Flimby man Brian