Santa sets up town centre grotto in Workington
Last updated at 13:16, Friday, 14 December 2012
Santa Claus and his little helpers have arrived in Workington town centre for Christmas.
Santa’s grotto opened on Campbell-Savours Way on Saturday and will be in the town for the next two weekends in the lead-up to Christmas.
It is located in an empty unit opposite Home Bargains.
The Rotary Club of Workington is running the grotto and Debenhams has decorated it and donated Christmas books to give as presents.
Jeff Taylor in Workington donated a red carpet for the grotto.
The grotto will run from 11am to 4pm every Saturday and Sunday until Christmas.
Entry is be free but Rotary is suggesting a £3 donation for charities.
First published at 12:13, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Workington Hall safety work begins
- PHOTOS: Troops march into the heart of Maryport
- Wreath mission to war graves of town’s fallen
- Garage beauty salon’s 10 years
- Keswick's former pencil factory to be sold
- Gary the Ferret’s big day out leads to uproar on bus
- Bid to replace vandalised seating
- Judge tells allotment holders to leave in six weeks
- Traders in TV advert push to promote town (2 comments)
- Friends plan party to remember Chloe at 21
- Young Cumbrian finance director named best in Britain
- Story firms forge fundraising links with Cumbrian hospices
- Votes plea from West Cumbrian businesswoman
- £180,000 makeover for Carlisle city centre pub
- Lloyd Volvo gets go-ahead for bigger showroom in Carlisle
- Investigation into Flimby fire complete
- Major £20m deal in the pipeline for Tata in Workington
- Profits rise sharply at Cumbrian company Stobart
- Cumbria jobless total hits 32-year low
- Story Homes wants mortgage lending boost
- Carlisle attack man spared jail
- Cumbrian man wins driving ban appeal
- Millom double death inquest concludes
- Witnesses sought after Millom tyre slashing incident
- Charity collection box stolen from South Cumbria garden centre
- Cannabis farmer answered door to police - while smoking joint
- Cumbrian teenager loses sex assault sentence appeal
- Cumbrian man's stunning shed shortlisted in national competition
- Britain's Got Talent star Emma Jones inspired by SuBo
- Call for legal high crackdown after teens taken ill