Santa sets up town centre grotto in Workington
Last updated at 13:16, Friday, 14 December 2012
Santa Claus and his little helpers have arrived in Workington town centre for Christmas.
Santa’s grotto opened on Campbell-Savours Way on Saturday and will be in the town for the next two weekends in the lead-up to Christmas.
It is located in an empty unit opposite Home Bargains.
The Rotary Club of Workington is running the grotto and Debenhams has decorated it and donated Christmas books to give as presents.
Jeff Taylor in Workington donated a red carpet for the grotto.
The grotto will run from 11am to 4pm every Saturday and Sunday until Christmas.
Entry is be free but Rotary is suggesting a £3 donation for charities.
First published at 12:13, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Support is growing for Workington bypass demand
- ‘Truly glorious’, says RAF veteran as he soars again
- Time capsule message from Harrington pupils
- Excavation sheds more light on life in Roman Maryport
- Commonwealth baton honour for dairy man
- Classrooms put together in just a day
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (26 comments)
- NEW PHOTOS: Sun shone on Sealy Spyatstock
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company