Search for stolen Santa boots
Last updated at 19:50, Friday, 03 January 2014
A Crosscanonby couple are calling on a scamp who stole Santa’s boots from outside their home to take them back.
Terry and Margaret Harkins placed their homemade Santa, wearing Terry’s size 11 Wellingtons, outside their house.
He was positioned looking over their garden wall, pointing to a snowman on an upstairs window ledge.
Along with reindeer, a crib scene and other festive decorations around the village, it helped bring Christmas cheer to residents and visitors.
Margaret, 68, said: “People brought their kids to see him. It was quite a talking point.”
But on Christmas Day the couple spotted that Santa’s boots had been pinched.
Terry, 75, said that if someone was so desperate for the boots and had knocked on their door to ask for them he would have willingly handed them over.
Margaret added: “I’d encourage the person who took them to bring them back so they don’t end up on Santa’s naughty list next year.”
Terry wears the boots to tend the garden but his hobby may have to be put on hold if his footwear does not resurface.
Margaret said: “We may need to wait and ask Santa next year for some new boots if the old ones haven’t been returned.”
First published at 19:17, Friday, 03 January 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Last clinic for school nurse Ann
- Second award for lifeboat crew doctor
- Graffiti artist Banksy pops into Cockermouth?
- New beat for new mum Laura
- Girls bring alive poems of Rossetti
- Cockermouth's flood defence work is a ‘waste of money’ says leading trader
- West Cumbrian firm in court over the death of worker
- ‘Too rude for TV’ Roy Chubby Brown flies in
- Obituary - John Payton, of Cockermouth
- No change on taxi fares in Allerdale