Seaton allotment hope
Last updated at 12:19, Friday, 12 October 2012
Allotment holders in Seaton who face an uncertain future on their current site could be thrown a lifeline by the parish council.
It wants to buy land for 20 plots and has advertised for landowners to come forward.
It leases land off Lowca Lane, but the site was sold to Ken Walker, of Barncroft Avenue, and DW Hall at auction in December. In January, the owners said they wanted to clear the site.
Trevor Fee, parish council chairman, said: “We want to help the allotment holders the best we can.
“We have tried to contact the new owners but they have not responded.”
First published at 11:56, Friday, 12 October 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8