Ska band Bad Manners fail to show up in time for West Cumbria gig
Last updated at 23:09, Friday, 14 March 2014
A much-anticipated performance by ska legends Bad Manners in West Cumbria had to be cancelled after the band were more than three hours late for the performance.
The group, fronted by Buster Bloodvessel, were due to play the town's Carnegie Theatre on Finkle Street tonight.
The gig had sold out weeks ago and more than 230 fans packed into the venue to hear the group.
But bosses had no choice other than to cancel the gig when the band had failed to show by 10.30pm and offer concert-goers full refunds.
Management could not get in touch with the band.
Most of the crowd had left and at about 11pm, a minibus pulled up outside the venue and passengers asked door staff if the gig was still on.
When they were told 'no' they replied 'we're the band'.
It is not clear why the band were so late.
The band was due to arrive in Workington at about 6pm, in time for a soundcheck before the show at 8pm.
Late this afternoon, Carnegie bosses decided to offer a support slot to popular local group Project 9 to give the crowd an extra treat.
The band, who hail from across West Cumbria, got the crowd going when they came on stage at about 7.30pm but behind the scenes, the headliners had still not arrived.
Project 9 filled in while frantic phone calls were made backstage to track down Bad Manners. It is understood their session saxophonist had arrived at about 6pm.
First published at 22:44, Friday, 14 March 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (7 comments)
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts (9 comments)
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition (1 comment)
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines