PHOTOS: Prom fun for St Joseph’s pupils
Last updated at 21:18, Thursday, 21 June 2012
Year 11 pupils from St Joseph’s School in Workington arrived in style to their prom at the Hunday Manor on Tuesday.
Transport included a fairytale-style horse and carriage, a racy Lamborghini, a Honda Goldwing motorbike and a classic Rolls Royce.
A group of 30 pupils also turned up in a vintage double-decker bus.
The 120 pupils, aged 15 and 16, and 20 teachers enjoyed a two-course meal and a disco at the country house, near Winscales.
Pupil Erika Graham-Jones, 15, of Main Road, Seaton, said: “It was a great night and everyone arrived in style. We had a lovely meal and some of us even went on to a party at a friend’s house afterwards.”
l More school proms photos will be featured in our special supplement – coming soon.
First published at 19:21, Thursday, 21 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Don't forget to pick up this week's Times & Star!
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (3 comments)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing (1 comment)
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract (1 comment)
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status
- Angry Cumbrian MP and council leader write to David Cameron about Sellafield deal (6 comments)
- Plan to build 50 homes in West Cumbrian village (5 comments)
- Crash blocks busy Cumbrian road junction
- Cumbrian charity shocked by young carer numbers
- Cumbrian hospital operating theatres to stay shut after alert