Special birthday for Workington baby Olivia
Last updated at 13:38, Friday, 04 January 2013
A Workington woman got more than she bargained for as the new year dawned.
Emma Lister, 28, of Cusack Crescent, started having labour contractions as the clocks chimed midnight to herald the new year.
Emma gave birth to Olivia Jenkinson at 7pm on January 1 after a 19-hour labour.
She and partner Stephen Jenkinson, 34, a charge hand at Tata Steel, Workington, were delighted by the early arrival of the 8lb 1oz baby, whose due date was today.
Emma, who also has a son, Billy Joe, seven, said: “Me and Stephen have been together three years and both wanted a child together.
“We didn’t know what the baby was before she was born so it was a lovely surprise.
“It was a long labour but everything went smoothly and naturally.
“Stephen’s grandma is called Olive which is what inspired the name Olivia.
“The family is absolutely over the moon and it’s a great start to the new year for us.”
First published at 13:29, Friday, 04 January 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Workington pub granted 4.30am licence
- Workington newsagent top Lottery fund-raiser
- Coal mining memorial planned for town centre
- Free surprise as Julie says it with flowers
- Teacher earns trophy by a whisker
- ‘Three-year wait’ for disc parking on Cockermouth street
- Council pair offer £9,000 to end years of misery for bus passengers
- Tony’s now a winner in his life-long battle of the bulge
- Cockermouth Beer Festival goes down a treat
- New lease of life for historic Workington pub