Tell us your story!
Last updated at 09:29, Monday, 11 March 2013
The Times & Star's new Neighbourhood News feature will put the spotlight on your towns and villages, and we want you to get involved!
We want to know what you love about the places where you live.
The three editions of the Times & Star – Maryport, Cockermouth and Workington – will each have their own dedicated community news page, as well as the present dedicated front page.
It will feature information about what's going on in your area and focus on what the community means to local people.
There will also be profiles of local sports people, nostalgia and a round-up of what is in the other editions of the Times & Star.
Editor Steve Johnston said: “Here at the Times & Star we pride ourselves on being at the heart of the community and our new pages mean we will carry on fighting for your community.”
- If you live in Maryport, Aspatria and the surrounding district, your reporter is Viv Paterson.
She is based in our offices at Her Citi, Crosby Street, Maryport – pop in for a cuppa, give her a call on 01900 812116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you live in Cockermouth, Keswick and the surrounding district, your reporter is Paul Crute.
He is based in our offices at Mitchells, Station Road, Cockermouth and his direct line is 01900 828752. Email him at email@example.com
- If you live in Workington and the surrounding district, including Seaton, Distington and Harrington, you have three reporters.
They are based in our offices on Oxford Street, Workington.
John Connell can be called on 01900 607630 or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Evans is available on 01900 607629 and her email is email@example.com
James Broadhurst is available on 01900 607628 and can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to be featured in the Neighbourhood News article 'my town/village', email here and answer our questions.
If you want to featured in the Neighbourhood News article 'sporting profile', email here and answer our questions.
If you've got any nostalgia photos you's like us to feature, please attach them to an email and send it to email@example.com
- The Times & Star also has a series of local websites for communities across Cumbria.
On the websites you will find all the latest news from your area from Times & Star journalists plus pictures galleries, sport and a whole load of community information and useful links.
And we’re opening up these sites to allow local groups and residents to add their views and information to the sites.
So if you want to get involved or want the Times & Star to help develop a website for your community get in touch and email Nick Turner here.
Have a look at our websites for
First published at 14:37, Wednesday, 19 September 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Charity bike ride next week
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline
- Bargain Hunt crew visits West Cumbria
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (6 comments)
- Sarah Millican comes to Keswick
- COMING SOON: Uppies and Downies as it happens
- Workington Uppies all out for revenge for Downies’ double whitewash