Tenants are lined up for St Leonard’s Close homes
Last updated at 12:29, Friday, 08 February 2013
A £1.7 million housing development in Cockermouth will be completed by the end of this month.
Social landlord Home Group is building 21 family homes at St Leonard’s Close for townsfolk to rent.
It is hoped they will be ready to move into in about three weeks.
About 270 people applied to rent the homes and tenants are lined up to move into the six two-bedroom and 15 three-bedroom homes, which are part of a wider scheme by Home Group.
The housing association opened its £3 million development of Bridge End Court, formerly Manor Court, in April 2012 which provided 38 apartments for the over-55s.
Sharon Hodgson, Home Group project manager, said: “Our investment of £4.7 million in Cockermouth highlights our commitment to bring high-quality homes to help local people who are otherwise priced out of the market.
“The homes have been built on the site of some outdated one-bedroom maisonettes and a block of flats.
“We now have modern homes in their place which will meet a local need.”
First published at 12:22, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Woman, 50, found dead in Maryport
- Solfest is back with a bang!
- An appointment with the doctor in Aspatria
- Brigham film maker on festival’s awards shortlist
- Call for more cyclists to join Team Townend Challenge
- Beauty beats bullies with dress design
- Lulu named as Maryport Blues Festival headliner
- Polar bear photo in top exhibition
- Design a Cockermouth cake
- UK first for West Cumbrian factory in prostate cancer fight