This is not just 25 years service for Christine
Last updated at 13:35, Friday, 16 May 2014
A Workington woman has celebrated 25 years of working for Marks & Spencer in the town.
Christine Hall, 58, of Uldale Road, Stainburn, joined the Workington branch in 1989, when it was based in Pow Street.
She is now a section co-ordinator at the current premises.
To celebrate her anniversary, Marks & Spencer gave her £500-worth of shares and a trip to London.
She was invited to a champagne reception for long-serving employees, hosted by the firm’s chief executive Marc Bolland.
Christine attended with her daughters Julie and Alison. She was also treated to a West End show, and said: “The trip was pure indulgence and a lovely way to celebrate 25 years.”
First published at 13:25, Friday, 16 May 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier
- Honour the heroes of our communities
- VIDEO: Young film-maker Lee tackles a tough issue
- Man, 36, arrested after serious sexual assault in West Cumbria
- Papcastle mum sets up charity in her front room
- Workington councillor to step down
- Lantern parade to boost West Cumbria town after roadworks
- West Cumbrian school feels a chill for a good cause
- Rocker Dez thinks big to promote his rock night
- A new start for apprentices