This is not just 25 years service for Christine
Last updated at 13:35, Friday, 16 May 2014
A Workington woman has celebrated 25 years of working for Marks & Spencer in the town.
Christine Hall, 58, of Uldale Road, Stainburn, joined the Workington branch in 1989, when it was based in Pow Street.
She is now a section co-ordinator at the current premises.
To celebrate her anniversary, Marks & Spencer gave her £500-worth of shares and a trip to London.
She was invited to a champagne reception for long-serving employees, hosted by the firm’s chief executive Marc Bolland.
Christine attended with her daughters Julie and Alison. She was also treated to a West End show, and said: “The trip was pure indulgence and a lovely way to celebrate 25 years.”
First published at 13:25, Friday, 16 May 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Last clinic for school nurse Ann
- Second award for lifeboat crew doctor
- Graffiti artist Banksy pops into Cockermouth?
- New beat for new mum Laura
- Girls bring alive poems of Rossetti
- Cockermouth's flood defence work is a ‘waste of money’ says leading trader
- West Cumbrian firm in court over the death of worker
- ‘Too rude for TV’ Roy Chubby Brown flies in
- Obituary - John Payton, of Cockermouth
- No change on taxi fares in Allerdale