This is not just 25 years service for Christine
Last updated at 13:35, Friday, 16 May 2014
A Workington woman has celebrated 25 years of working for Marks & Spencer in the town.
Christine Hall, 58, of Uldale Road, Stainburn, joined the Workington branch in 1989, when it was based in Pow Street.
She is now a section co-ordinator at the current premises.
To celebrate her anniversary, Marks & Spencer gave her £500-worth of shares and a trip to London.
She was invited to a champagne reception for long-serving employees, hosted by the firm’s chief executive Marc Bolland.
Christine attended with her daughters Julie and Alison. She was also treated to a West End show, and said: “The trip was pure indulgence and a lovely way to celebrate 25 years.”
First published at 13:25, Friday, 16 May 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Maryport gets life-saving campaign boost
- Candidates stand up to scrutiny at hustings
- Trevor’s photography hobby soars to even greater heights
- Computer helps Laura in her bid to communicate
- Thousands expected to flock to key sheep show in Cockermouth
- Workington factory ends production
- Motley crew to light up stage a prelude to Georgian Fair
- Drive for new volunteers for vital car service
- New task force to tackle town’s pigeon population (1 comment)
- Maryport club’s missing £7,000 was a ‘clerical error’