Tributes to man found in West Cumbrian river
Last updated at 15:13, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Tributes have been paid to a Cockermouth man whose body was found in the River Derwent yesterday.
Henry Stephenson, 80, of Gote Road, was found at Camerton at 2.50pm yesterday after police were alerted by a member of the public.
Emergency services attended but Mr Stephenson was pronounced dead at the scene.
In a statement his family said: “He was a lovely person and a very private man who had lived in Cockermouth most of his life.
“We cannot believe he is gone and he will be missed by us all.”
Police are not treating the death as suspicious and are conducting enquiries on behalf of the coroner.
First published at 08:44, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Former aquarium worker’s £118,000 theft charge
- Inspirational Kelly is the pride of Cumbria
- Injured soldier’s royal games joy
- Cockermouth infant school mum eyes top award
- Cathy’s cooking up a storm
- Nature reserve under threat from beck silt
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier
- Honour the heroes of our communities
- VIDEO: Young film-maker Lee tackles a tough issue