TV soap hunks heading to West Cumbria
Last updated at 19:39, Thursday, 28 June 2012
Hollyoaks TV heartthrobs will help to raise money for Cumbrian children at a charity football match in Workington next week.
Jamie Lomas, who plays bad boy Warren Fox, leads a list of big names from the Channel 4 soap that will take on a CFM Radio XI at Workington Reds’ Borough Park stadium.
Actors Ashley Taylor Dawson, who has won three sexiest male titles at the British Soap Awards as Darren Osborne, Anthony Quinlan, who plays Gilly Roach, and long-serving cast member Nick Pickard, who plays Tony Hutchinson, are also on the team.
It is expected that they will be joined by Calvin Benba, Tosin Cole and Craig Vye.
The match, next Saturday, will raise money for CFM’s Cash For Kids appeal, which helps young people in Cumbria.
Tickets for the game, which kicks off at 2.30pm, cost £5 and can be bought from the reception area at Workington Reds between 10am and noon from Monday to Friday, at the town’s Tesco store, or by calling 01228 81550.
After the match, Chasers in Washington Street will host a party, with tickets costing £10.
First published at 19:24, Thursday, 28 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Don't forget to pick up this week's Times & Star!
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (3 comments)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing (1 comment)
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract (1 comment)
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status