TV star David Bellamy is heading to West Cumbria
Last updated at 22:32, Thursday, 14 June 2012
Botanist David Bellamy will visit Cockermouth later this year to judge photographs for a charity calendar competition.
Allerdale Red Squirrel Group is putting together the calendar to continue its work with the threatened species.
Mr Bellamy will visit Mary Burkett, of Isel Hall, to judge local people’s photography of the red squirrels and will pick the best 12.
He has written and presented more than 400 TV programmes on botany, ecology and environmental issues.
Susan Southworth, a group volunteer, said: “It’s really exciting that David is coming to judge the entries which will attract a lot of interest in the competition.”
Miss Burkett said: “I have known David for around 40 years and he is ideal to judge the photographs because of his great knowledge of the environment.”
For more information about the competition, call 07817334309. The closing date for entries is July 31.
First published at 19:23, Thursday, 14 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
THATS ALL WE NEED
Make your comment
- Don't forget to pick up this week's Times & Star!
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (3 comments)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing (1 comment)
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract (1 comment)
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status