Water back on for Workington homes
Last updated at 16:00, Thursday, 14 March 2013
Homes and businesses in Workington have water again after a pipe burst this morning
The 15-inch water main is near to the reservoir on Stainburn Road and it supplies water to up to 4,000 homes and businesses.
Westfield Primary School and Seaton Junior School have had to close and pupils sent home because they have no water.
Seaton Academy also closed.
Engineers worked to get the water redirected today.
The incident was reported at 8.10am this morning after homes in Seaton reported having a poor water supply or no water at all.
A United Utilities spokeswoman said they had received more than 50 calls.
She added that a burst water pipe on Barncroft Avenue, Seaton, this morning was coincidental and has been fixed.
She apologised for the incident and said engineers will work through the night to fix the main pipe.
First published at 10:21, Thursday, 14 March 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington Hall safety work begins
- PHOTOS: Troops march into the heart of Maryport
- Wreath mission to war graves of town’s fallen
- Garage beauty salon’s 10 years
- Keswick's former pencil factory to be sold
- Gary the Ferret’s big day out leads to uproar on bus
- Bid to replace vandalised seating
- Judge tells allotment holders to leave in six weeks
- Traders in TV advert push to promote town (2 comments)
- Friends plan party to remember Chloe at 21