West Cumbrian road closed due to flooding
Last updated at 15:17, Monday, 23 July 2012
A road in Dearham is expected to stay closed until tomorrow morning due to flooding.
At 9.48am today, police were alerted to the flooding after being called by a driver of a red Vauxhall which had got stuck in a flood on the road.
Police officers have attended to close the road.
Motorists are urged to avoid the area and find an alternative route.
Police urge drivers to take care, lower their speeds and not to enter flood water.
A Cumbria County Council spokeswoman said that the council’s highways team were doing a clean operation following flooding on the road and they expect it to be reopened in the morning.
First published at 10:32, Monday, 23 July 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- West Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Firm keeps La’al Ratty on track
- Hotel copule earn top AA award
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
- Chamber launches West Cumbria business breakfast
- Former lecturer restores rotting Maryport boat
- Vandals take plaques in memory of Great Clifton teen David Foster (7 comments)
- Cat killed in Workington dog attack (1 comment)
- Broughton Moor care home approved despite objections (4 comments)
- Maryport plans tourism drive with Mary Portas cash (1 comment)