West Cumbrian road closed due to flooding
Last updated at 15:17, Monday, 23 July 2012
A road in Dearham is expected to stay closed until tomorrow morning due to flooding.
At 9.48am today, police were alerted to the flooding after being called by a driver of a red Vauxhall which had got stuck in a flood on the road.
Police officers have attended to close the road.
Motorists are urged to avoid the area and find an alternative route.
Police urge drivers to take care, lower their speeds and not to enter flood water.
A Cumbria County Council spokeswoman said that the council’s highways team were doing a clean operation following flooding on the road and they expect it to be reopened in the morning.
First published at 10:32, Monday, 23 July 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Don't forget to pick up this week's Times & Star!
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (3 comments)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing (1 comment)
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract (1 comment)
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status