Win a golden ticket and meet the Oompa Loompas of Solfest. . . .
Published at 07:54, Friday, 20 April 2012
Five lucky youngsters will get to meet the Oompa Loompas at the Solfest music festival in a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-inspired competition.
Organisers of the three-day event at Tarns, near Aspatria, between August 24 and 26, have released five golden tickets which will give a youngster and accompanying adult free entry to the event and a host of treats.
There are various ways the tickets can be won – registering on the festival’s mailing list, a draw from tickets purchased, plus competitions and other events as Solfest draws near.
The Saturday of the event will be fancy-dress day, and festival-goers are urged to dress up as Roald Dahl characters.
Ben Durkan, festival chairman, said: “We’ve got a fantastic reputation as a family-friendly festival and we wanted to pick a fancy dress theme that encapsulated that.
“As Roald Dahl transcends generations, we thought it was perfect.
“We thought golden tickets were an excellent way to entice people with families to join our mailing list or give the festival a go.”
To join the mailing list, go to www.solfest.org.uk
Highlights of the festival will include Adam Ant & The Good, KT Tunstall, Big Country and Billy Bragg.
Tickets, at £95 for adults, £65 for 12 to 16-year-olds and £25 for six to 11-year-olds, can be bought at the Times & Star, 21-23 Oxford Street, Workington.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Did you hear Workington's big bang? (9 comments)
- Blue is the colour for Seaton toddler Zayn
- Lakes College learners celebrated
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Here’s Jonny! Event organiser can’t wait to get Northbound
- Fund-raising calendar planned in Flimby
- Wall art unveiled at Workington care home
- Cockermouth swimmer Luke aims to go from Baku to Rio
- Road closures for Flimby Carnival
- Art helps Brigham woman Carol on road to recovery