Woman found in Workington harbour
Published at 11:25, Thursday, 06 September 2012
A woman was found conscious by police in shallow water after threatening to jump off a harbour wall in the dock area of Workington at about 1.20am this morning.
A police spokeswoman said that the woman called the police telling them she was going to jump off the wall but when they got to the scene they found her in shallow water and it was clear that she hadn’t jumped.
She added that it wasn’t known how she ended up in the water.
She was taken to West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven as a precaution after she complained that she was in pain.
Workington Lifeboat was alerted but didn’t launch.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Don't forget to pick up this week's Times & Star!
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (3 comments)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing (1 comment)
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract (1 comment)
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status