Workington Calendar Girls strip off to take to the stage
Last updated at 13:30, Friday, 23 November 2012
Meet Workington’s very own Calendar Girls, stripped and ready for theatrical action.
The six will shed their clothes in Workington Playgoers’ adaptation of Calendar Girls at the town’s Theatre Royal from Tuesday, December 4, to Sunday, December 9, to raise money for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research.
Pam Armstrong, Grace Walker, Charlie Douglas-Brown, Sarah Delorme, Nicola Woodier and Fran Smith will take on the roles made famous by Helen Mirren, Julie Walters and others in the film of the same name.
The play is based on the real-life story of 11 women of Rylstone Women’s Institute, North Yorkshire, who stripped off for a calendar to raise money for the leukaemia charity.
Workington Playgoers will make a donation from proceeds of the production.
Performances begin at 7.30pm Tuesday to Saturday and there will be a matinee on the Sunday at 2.30pm.
Tickets cost £8, and £7 for concessions, from the box office on 01900 602122.
First published at 11:05, Friday, 23 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Very brave ladies, but .... "get them on" - you know it makes sense. Thank yoooo!!
Make your comment
- Workington Hall safety work begins
- PHOTOS: Troops march into the heart of Maryport
- Wreath mission to war graves of town’s fallen
- Garage beauty salon’s 10 years
- Keswick's former pencil factory to be sold
- Gary the Ferret’s big day out leads to uproar on bus
- Bid to replace vandalised seating
- Judge tells allotment holders to leave in six weeks
- Traders in TV advert push to promote town (2 comments)
- Friends plan party to remember Chloe at 21