Workington Calendar Girls strip off to take to the stage
Last updated at 13:30, Friday, 23 November 2012
Meet Workington’s very own Calendar Girls, stripped and ready for theatrical action.
The six will shed their clothes in Workington Playgoers’ adaptation of Calendar Girls at the town’s Theatre Royal from Tuesday, December 4, to Sunday, December 9, to raise money for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research.
Pam Armstrong, Grace Walker, Charlie Douglas-Brown, Sarah Delorme, Nicola Woodier and Fran Smith will take on the roles made famous by Helen Mirren, Julie Walters and others in the film of the same name.
The play is based on the real-life story of 11 women of Rylstone Women’s Institute, North Yorkshire, who stripped off for a calendar to raise money for the leukaemia charity.
Workington Playgoers will make a donation from proceeds of the production.
Performances begin at 7.30pm Tuesday to Saturday and there will be a matinee on the Sunday at 2.30pm.
Tickets cost £8, and £7 for concessions, from the box office on 01900 602122.
First published at 11:05, Friday, 23 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Very brave ladies, but .... "get them on" - you know it makes sense. Thank yoooo!!
Make your comment
- Businesses back Maryport defibrillator bid
- Workington factory to close with loss of 152 jobs (3 comments)
- West Cumbria's hospital to keep its maternity unit - if it is "safe and sustainable"
- Major incident at Cumbrian hospitals stood down (2 comments)
- New hand at Hospice at Home West Cumbria
- Cyclist taken to hospital afte Honister Pass fall
- Comedian Sean Lock sells out Workington’s Carnegie Theatre in record time (5 comments)
- Pupils learn about the equality divide
- Nuclear college to be built in West Cumbria (7 comments)
- Strumming up support for village ukulele craze