Workington Calendar Girls strip off to take to the stage
Last updated at 13:30, Friday, 23 November 2012
Meet Workington’s very own Calendar Girls, stripped and ready for theatrical action.
The six will shed their clothes in Workington Playgoers’ adaptation of Calendar Girls at the town’s Theatre Royal from Tuesday, December 4, to Sunday, December 9, to raise money for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research.
Pam Armstrong, Grace Walker, Charlie Douglas-Brown, Sarah Delorme, Nicola Woodier and Fran Smith will take on the roles made famous by Helen Mirren, Julie Walters and others in the film of the same name.
The play is based on the real-life story of 11 women of Rylstone Women’s Institute, North Yorkshire, who stripped off for a calendar to raise money for the leukaemia charity.
Workington Playgoers will make a donation from proceeds of the production.
Performances begin at 7.30pm Tuesday to Saturday and there will be a matinee on the Sunday at 2.30pm.
Tickets cost £8, and £7 for concessions, from the box office on 01900 602122.
First published at 11:05, Friday, 23 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Very brave ladies, but .... "get them on" - you know it makes sense. Thank yoooo!!
Make your comment
- Local sailors prepare to feature in Lake District film
- Dearham children help hospice with colourful fun run
- Bidders needed to help serve up cafe on Maryport estate
- Call for vandals to help repaint Workington mural
- PHOTOS: Swansong prom
- PHOTOS: Sixth formers say goodbye
- Tribute to the British Schindler from man he saved
- Get your Glassonbury tickets or miss out!
- Workington school out of special measures (1 comment)
- Awards night held at Workington school