Workington family greets fifth generation
Last updated at 16:45, Friday, 09 November 2012
A Workington woman is celebrating her family reaching five generations after her great-great-grandson was born last week.
Isabella Craig, 96, of North Watt Street, said the family was now complete after her great-granddaughter Emily Campbell, 24, of Murraydale Terrace, a sales assistant at Thomas Cook, gave birth to her first child, Oscar William Alan Campbell.
Oscar was born at 5.30am on Friday, October 31 at the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven and weighed 8lb 8oz.
He was given his middle names after Emily’s granddad William Ferris, who died last February, and his dad Scott Campbell’s granddad Alan Campbell, who died in April this year.
Isabella said: “Not many families reach five generations and I’m very pleased to have my great-great-grandson here. It has been lovely to see them all as babies and to watch them grow up.
“The newer generations live their lives very differently to what we did, which has been an experience, but you learn to adjust and grow with them.”
Isabella, who worked at her mother’s shop on Park End Road until she became a housewife, was married to Daniel Sharpe and had four children, Audrey, Edwin, Robert and Pauline.
Her son Edwin, 73, of Bridgefoot, who was a process worker for Thames Board, had two children Neil and Hazel.
His son Neil, 49, of Lowca Lane, Seaton, works as an operator for Indorama.
Emily is his only child.
First published at 11:53, Friday, 09 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Father leads fight to save St Bees School
- Chris to lead artistic way at Cockermouth's Kirkgate Centre
- Seaton allotments owner taking holders to court (4 comments)
- ‘Baby Elliott pulled through and now we want to say thanks’
- Workington’s new pub opens next week (3 comments)
- Salute for British Legion stalwart in branch appeal
- Action group to raise A596 report findings
- West Cumbrian consultant in ‘fat cat’ pay claim media storm (5 comments)
- Takeaway set to cook up a treat in Maryport
- Workington MP hopefuls face public questions (6 comments)