Workington library reopens
Last updated at 14:17, Friday, 22 February 2013
Workington library is reopen.
It shut this morning after staff reported a suspected gas leak.
Members of the public were evacuated from the building, which is on the corner of Oxford Street and Vulcan Lane, as a precaution while county council officials investigated.
A gas leak was ruled out, but engineers checked out the build, and deemed it safe to reopen between 1.30pm and 2pm.
First published at 10:07, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- New headteacher at Cockermouth School appointed
- Schools league table results published
- Workington restaurant becomes first host with Times & Star Heart Start campaign
- Buttermere backs Times & Star defibrillator campaign
- Volunteers learn to save lives through Times & Star campaign
- Times & Star staff and customers back defibrillator campaign
- Search for World War Two trio who helped seize leading Nazi
- Stroke victim Peter praises lifesavers
- Greggs branch closing (2 comments)
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (2 comments)