Workington library reopens
Last updated at 14:17, Friday, 22 February 2013
Workington library is reopen.
It shut this morning after staff reported a suspected gas leak.
Members of the public were evacuated from the building, which is on the corner of Oxford Street and Vulcan Lane, as a precaution while county council officials investigated.
A gas leak was ruled out, but engineers checked out the build, and deemed it safe to reopen between 1.30pm and 2pm.
First published at 10:07, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Support is growing for Workington bypass demand
- ‘Truly glorious’, says RAF veteran as he soars again
- Time capsule message from Harrington pupils
- Excavation sheds more light on life in Roman Maryport
- Commonwealth baton honour for dairy man
- Classrooms put together in just a day
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (17 comments)
- NEW PHOTOS: Sun shone on Sealy Spyatstock
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company