Workington library reopens
Last updated at 14:17, Friday, 22 February 2013
Workington library is reopen.
It shut this morning after staff reported a suspected gas leak.
Members of the public were evacuated from the building, which is on the corner of Oxford Street and Vulcan Lane, as a precaution while county council officials investigated.
A gas leak was ruled out, but engineers checked out the build, and deemed it safe to reopen between 1.30pm and 2pm.
First published at 10:07, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- PHOTOS: Downies clinch second game in Workington series
- GET INVOLVED: Uppies and Downies game three
- PHOTOS: Downies swing first victory against Uppies
- A66 at Keswick reopens after two-vehicle crash A66
- Pub back on tap after flood
- Restaurant now on the menu for cafe owners
- Doubts over new Aspatria rock festival
- Heat turned up in bid for lower energy bills
- Petition protest over plan for more homes on estate
- Old church has another new owner (1 comment)