Workington library reopens
Last updated at 14:17, Friday, 22 February 2013
Workington library is reopen.
It shut this morning after staff reported a suspected gas leak.
Members of the public were evacuated from the building, which is on the corner of Oxford Street and Vulcan Lane, as a precaution while county council officials investigated.
A gas leak was ruled out, but engineers checked out the build, and deemed it safe to reopen between 1.30pm and 2pm.
First published at 10:07, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (6 comments)
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts (9 comments)
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition (1 comment)
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines