Workington library reopens
Last updated at 14:17, Friday, 22 February 2013
Workington library is reopen.
It shut this morning after staff reported a suspected gas leak.
Members of the public were evacuated from the building, which is on the corner of Oxford Street and Vulcan Lane, as a precaution while county council officials investigated.
A gas leak was ruled out, but engineers checked out the build, and deemed it safe to reopen between 1.30pm and 2pm.
First published at 10:07, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington honours forces heroes
- Workington physics trio scoop science cash
- East 17 head to Workington for Castle Rock
- Worry over future of West Cumbrian lake (1 comment)
- MP supports Workington man’s call for new organ donation system (3 comments)
- Workington school IT course hits problems (3 comments)
- Tributes to ‘one of Maryport’s loveliest men’ (4 comments)
- Workington continental market flops (8 comments)
- Orchids halt Maryport grass cutting (1 comment)
- BBC crew flies in to remake classic film in Cumbria