Ade Edmondson visits West Cumbria
Last updated at 12:56, Friday, 08 March 2013
A visitor attraction near Mawbray will feature in a new TV series presented by comic actor and presenter Ade Edmondson.
Filming has taken place at The Gincase for a new ITV series called Ade in Britain.
Val Nattrass, owner of the Gincase Tearoom will feature on the programme being aired on Monday, as she teaches the former The Young Ones star to make Cumberland Rum Nicky.
The visit is part of a programme about 18th century Whitehaven, which was then the second largest port in Britain.
It is assumed that the word “nicky” derived from flan ingredients that were often stolen from ships.
Mrs Nattrass said Edmondson and his crew spent several hours at the Gincase.
First published at 12:40, Friday, 08 March 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- A595 roadworks completed
- West Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Firm keeps La’al Ratty on track
- Hotel copule earn top AA award
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
- Chamber launches West Cumbria business breakfast
- Former lecturer restores rotting Maryport boat
- Vandals take plaques in memory of Great Clifton teen David Foster (10 comments)
- Broughton Moor care home approved despite objections (4 comments)
- Maryport plans tourism drive with Mary Portas cash (1 comment)