All set for the great Maryport bake-off!
Last updated at 13:38, Friday, 21 March 2014
Move over Mary Berry – Maryport youngsters will be giving the baking queen a run for her money to raise dough for an Easter event.
The Maryport Extended Schools Partnership and town council have joined forces to give pupils the chance to bake goods to sell.
The town council has bought nearly £400-worth of ingredients.
Younger children will be given plain cupcakes to decorate.
These will be handed out to schools today and the money will be used to buy prizes and to organise a fun day next month.
First published at 13:18, Friday, 21 March 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- New headteacher at Cockermouth School appointed
- Schools league table results published
- Workington restaurant becomes first host with Times & Star Heart Start campaign
- Buttermere backs Times & Star defibrillator campaign
- Volunteers learn to save lives through Times & Star campaign
- Times & Star staff and customers back defibrillator campaign
- Search for World War Two trio who helped seize leading Nazi
- Stroke victim Peter praises lifesavers
- Greggs branch closing (2 comments)
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (2 comments)