All set for the great Maryport bake-off!
Last updated at 13:38, Friday, 21 March 2014
Move over Mary Berry – Maryport youngsters will be giving the baking queen a run for her money to raise dough for an Easter event.
The Maryport Extended Schools Partnership and town council have joined forces to give pupils the chance to bake goods to sell.
The town council has bought nearly £400-worth of ingredients.
Younger children will be given plain cupcakes to decorate.
These will be handed out to schools today and the money will be used to buy prizes and to organise a fun day next month.
First published at 13:18, Friday, 21 March 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Go-ahead for 320-home Cockermouth estate (7 comments)
- Pupils' plea for new lollipop man or woman
- Double retirement at Aspatria's Beacon Hill School
- Pharmacy opening times over Christmas and new year
- Council services during festive period
- Search for family of VC hero ahead of memorial event
- Anger at closure of town register office
- Man airlifted to hospital after major fall in Workington
- Controversial Cockermouth housing estate plans given go ahead by Allerdale council (2 comments)
- West Cumbrian road closed as water main bursts