All set for the great Maryport bake-off!
Last updated at 13:38, Friday, 21 March 2014
Move over Mary Berry – Maryport youngsters will be giving the baking queen a run for her money to raise dough for an Easter event.
The Maryport Extended Schools Partnership and town council have joined forces to give pupils the chance to bake goods to sell.
The town council has bought nearly £400-worth of ingredients.
Younger children will be given plain cupcakes to decorate.
These will be handed out to schools today and the money will be used to buy prizes and to organise a fun day next month.
First published at 13:18, Friday, 21 March 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Campaign to name part of Eastbourne Pier after Maryport worker Stephen Penrice
- Salute West Cumbria's superheroes
- ‘Alfie is my superhero- Meet the children of the year
- Bid to call-in Workington leisure centre plans fail (3 comments)
- Free Boxing Day bus services announced
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves