All set for the great Maryport bake-off!
Last updated at 13:38, Friday, 21 March 2014
Move over Mary Berry – Maryport youngsters will be giving the baking queen a run for her money to raise dough for an Easter event.
The Maryport Extended Schools Partnership and town council have joined forces to give pupils the chance to bake goods to sell.
The town council has bought nearly £400-worth of ingredients.
Younger children will be given plain cupcakes to decorate.
These will be handed out to schools today and the money will be used to buy prizes and to organise a fun day next month.
First published at 13:18, Friday, 21 March 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Thieves smash church's World War One window
- Cockermouth Community Hospital officially opened (1 comment)
- Frustrating delay to Megan’s US surgery
- New £1.5 million Cockermouth service station gets the go-ahead
- Mental health charity under threat after funding shock
- Business booming for Claire's Cockermouth coffee shop
- Mourners pay tribute to the life of ‘our little star’
- Two friends with three mountains to conquer
- Isabelle’s joy at surgery go-ahead
- Big ‘yes’ to Lidl store plan