All set for the great Maryport bake-off!
Last updated at 13:38, Friday, 21 March 2014
Move over Mary Berry – Maryport youngsters will be giving the baking queen a run for her money to raise dough for an Easter event.
The Maryport Extended Schools Partnership and town council have joined forces to give pupils the chance to bake goods to sell.
The town council has bought nearly £400-worth of ingredients.
Younger children will be given plain cupcakes to decorate.
These will be handed out to schools today and the money will be used to buy prizes and to organise a fun day next month.
First published at 13:18, Friday, 21 March 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Maryport gets life-saving campaign boost
- Candidates stand up to scrutiny at hustings
- Trevor’s photography hobby soars to even greater heights
- Computer helps Laura in her bid to communicate
- Thousands expected to flock to key sheep show in Cockermouth
- Workington factory ends production
- Motley crew to light up stage a prelude to Georgian Fair
- Drive for new volunteers for vital car service
- New task force to tackle town’s pigeon population (1 comment)
- Maryport club’s missing £7,000 was a ‘clerical error’