Armed forces event date in Maryport
Last updated at 16:35, Friday, 15 June 2012
Maryport's new combined forces group is to hold its first major event this month.
Maryport and District Combined Services Association was set up by a group of serving and former servicemen and women, led by Adrian Kirkbride, of Flimby.
The group marched in two Remembrance Day parades before forming an association in January last year.
They will mark Armed Forces Day with a charity night at the town’s Navy Club on Friday, June 29, joining forces with Support our Soldiers, a charity set up to provide comforts to soldiers serving abroad.
Maryport’s Ryan Winthrop, regional organiser of the charity, said the evening would raise funds and awareness. It will include entertainment, tombola and raffles.
The event begins at 7.30pm; tickets from How Bazaar in Curzon Street, Maryport, or from Mark Howard on 07817 879270.
First published at 19:24, Thursday, 14 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- West Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Firm keeps La’al Ratty on track
- Hotel copule earn top AA award
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
- Chamber launches West Cumbria business breakfast
- Former lecturer restores rotting Maryport boat
- Vandals take plaques in memory of Great Clifton teen David Foster (7 comments)
- Cat killed in Workington dog attack (1 comment)
- Broughton Moor care home approved despite objections (4 comments)
- Maryport plans tourism drive with Mary Portas cash (1 comment)