Armed forces event date in Maryport
Last updated at 16:35, Friday, 15 June 2012
Maryport's new combined forces group is to hold its first major event this month.
Maryport and District Combined Services Association was set up by a group of serving and former servicemen and women, led by Adrian Kirkbride, of Flimby.
The group marched in two Remembrance Day parades before forming an association in January last year.
They will mark Armed Forces Day with a charity night at the town’s Navy Club on Friday, June 29, joining forces with Support our Soldiers, a charity set up to provide comforts to soldiers serving abroad.
Maryport’s Ryan Winthrop, regional organiser of the charity, said the evening would raise funds and awareness. It will include entertainment, tombola and raffles.
The event begins at 7.30pm; tickets from How Bazaar in Curzon Street, Maryport, or from Mark Howard on 07817 879270.
First published at 19:24, Thursday, 14 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Don't forget to pick up this week's Times & Star!
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (3 comments)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing (1 comment)
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract (1 comment)
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status
- Workington Reds handed lifeline with major new sponsor
- Cumbrian hospital operating theatres to stay shut after alert
- Angry Cumbrian MP and council leader write to David Cameron about Sellafield deal (7 comments)
- Crash blocks busy Cumbrian road junction
- Benefits fraud woman sentenced by Cumbrian court