Bare-faced cheek - and lip and eye - for charity
Last updated at 13:50, Friday, 02 May 2014
Workers at Workington’s Debenhams store will go bare-faced this month to raise money for charity.
Staff in the cosmetics department have organised a gala charity event on May 15, in aid of Cancer Research UK.
The team will go make-up free and have asked for around 50 women to take part and support the cause.
Barbara Grant, senior sales assistant, said: “Each year we hold a summer gala event and this year we are hoping to raise around £300 for Cancer Research.
“We decided to get on board with the whole make-up free selfie craze and see if we could get as many women as possible into the store to take part.
“We have been in touch with the Guinness Book of Records to see if someone could attend to verify it as a record breaker.”
The event will feature mini makeovers, 10 per cent off beauty and fragrance, luxury goody bags with every ticket, cocktails, vintage sweets and a raffle.
Tickets cost £5 which is redeemable against purchases on the night. It will run from 6pm.
l Have you gone barefaced for charity? Send us your make-up free selfies via email here
First published at 13:48, Friday, 02 May 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Cockermouth woman Gloria Edwards writes book of wartime memories
- Workington Hall safety work begins
- PHOTOS: Troops march into the heart of Maryport
- Wreath mission to war graves of town’s fallen
- Garage beauty salon’s 10 years
- Keswick's former pencil factory to be sold (1 comment)
- Gary the Ferret’s big day out leads to uproar on bus
- Bid to replace vandalised seating
- Judge tells allotment holders to leave in six weeks
- Traders in TV advert push to promote town (6 comments)