Bare-faced cheek - and lip and eye - for charity
Last updated at 13:50, Friday, 02 May 2014
Workers at Workington’s Debenhams store will go bare-faced this month to raise money for charity.
Staff in the cosmetics department have organised a gala charity event on May 15, in aid of Cancer Research UK.
The team will go make-up free and have asked for around 50 women to take part and support the cause.
Barbara Grant, senior sales assistant, said: “Each year we hold a summer gala event and this year we are hoping to raise around £300 for Cancer Research.
“We decided to get on board with the whole make-up free selfie craze and see if we could get as many women as possible into the store to take part.
“We have been in touch with the Guinness Book of Records to see if someone could attend to verify it as a record breaker.”
The event will feature mini makeovers, 10 per cent off beauty and fragrance, luxury goody bags with every ticket, cocktails, vintage sweets and a raffle.
Tickets cost £5 which is redeemable against purchases on the night. It will run from 6pm.
l Have you gone barefaced for charity? Send us your make-up free selfies via email here
First published at 13:48, Friday, 02 May 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves
- West Cumbrian community stranded by tough bus cuts (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian family praise air ambulance
- Howdens remains closed after man's death
- People power wins fight on parking charges
- Settlement reached over lab man’s asbestos death