Brass band to welcome lights in Maryport
Last updated at 13:01, Friday, 14 December 2012
More lights will be switched on in Maryport next week when Fleming Square residents welcome Christmas.
The Fleming Square Residents Association has decorated a large tree erected in the front yard of the Catholic Priory.
It will be officially switched on this Tuesday at 7.30pm with carol singing and music from the Flimby Brass Band.
Elizabeth Shea, association secretary, said: “Last year only a handful of residents turned out because they said they did not realise the event was happening. One suggested we needed a brass band to get the residents out so we have one.”
Father Andrew Broster will serve mince pies and sherry in the priory gardens.
First published at 12:07, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Pupils feel the beat at drumming workshop
- Couple’s aid for Romania passes 2,000 boxes mark
- Actors find Lost Boy in four days
- Tennis match reaches 50 years
- New WI aimed at helping women build friendships
- Proposals to move maternity services to Cockermouth
- Rescue plan for iconic West Cumbrian church
- Hospital woes spark vicar’s letter to PM
- Britain’s Afghan campaign was ‘worthwhile’ says mum
- Bench in memory of Trevor Fee