Brass band to welcome lights in Maryport
Last updated at 13:01, Friday, 14 December 2012
More lights will be switched on in Maryport next week when Fleming Square residents welcome Christmas.
The Fleming Square Residents Association has decorated a large tree erected in the front yard of the Catholic Priory.
It will be officially switched on this Tuesday at 7.30pm with carol singing and music from the Flimby Brass Band.
Elizabeth Shea, association secretary, said: “Last year only a handful of residents turned out because they said they did not realise the event was happening. One suggested we needed a brass band to get the residents out so we have one.”
Father Andrew Broster will serve mince pies and sherry in the priory gardens.
First published at 12:07, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Don't forget to pick up this week's Times & Star!
- You look like that man off the TV!
- Farmer keeps 260ft turbine bid in motion with appeal (3 comments)
- Workington arson victim fears mistaken identity
- June 11 launch for West Cumbria flood defences
- Workington store closing (1 comment)
- Fish factory axes 40 jobs after loss of key contract (1 comment)
- Wedding guest left for dead after Workington hit and run
- Obituary - Richard Wimpress, of Cockermouth
- Herdwick given EU protected status