Brass band to welcome lights in Maryport
Last updated at 13:01, Friday, 14 December 2012
More lights will be switched on in Maryport next week when Fleming Square residents welcome Christmas.
The Fleming Square Residents Association has decorated a large tree erected in the front yard of the Catholic Priory.
It will be officially switched on this Tuesday at 7.30pm with carol singing and music from the Flimby Brass Band.
Elizabeth Shea, association secretary, said: “Last year only a handful of residents turned out because they said they did not realise the event was happening. One suggested we needed a brass band to get the residents out so we have one.”
Father Andrew Broster will serve mince pies and sherry in the priory gardens.
First published at 12:07, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Maryport gets life-saving campaign boost
- Candidates stand up to scrutiny at hustings
- Trevor’s photography hobby soars to even greater heights
- Computer helps Laura in her bid to communicate
- Thousands expected to flock to key sheep show in Cockermouth
- Workington factory ends production
- Motley crew to light up stage a prelude to Georgian Fair
- Drive for new volunteers for vital car service
- New task force to tackle town’s pigeon population (1 comment)
- Maryport club’s missing £7,000 was a ‘clerical error’