Brigham TV chef stars on bakery show
Last updated at 13:38, Friday, 30 November 2012
Brigham chef Peter Sidwell is appearing on a new ITV1 baking show.
The chef, who runs the Simply Good Taste cookery school near Keswick, is a judge on Britain’s Best Bakery alongside TV chef, author and Little Venice Cake Company owner Mich Turner MBE.
In the 20-part series the pair sample delicacies from the country’s favourite independent, family-run and community bakeries.
Peter said: “Everyone loves a bakery, but these days they are a little scarce on the high street so, for those who have one, it should be celebrated.
“This series puts our best bakeries through their paces giving them challenges and pushing them out of their comfort zones to really discover who has the total package and deserves the title of Britain's Best Bakery.
“We need to get young people excited about baking and help them realise there are careers out there in this field.”
Peter has previously appeared on Channel 4’s Lakes on a Plate and has his own range of cookbooks.
He also runs the Peter Sidwell @ Rheged Cafe near Penrith.
The four-week show started on Monday. It is broadcast at 4pm Mondays to Fridays.
First published at 13:19, Friday, 30 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- West Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Firm keeps La’al Ratty on track
- Hotel copule earn top AA award
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
- Chamber launches West Cumbria business breakfast
- Former lecturer restores rotting Maryport boat
- Vandals take plaques in memory of Great Clifton teen David Foster (7 comments)
- Cat killed in Workington dog attack (1 comment)
- Broughton Moor care home approved despite objections (4 comments)
- Maryport plans tourism drive with Mary Portas cash (1 comment)