Broughton Moor family celebrate 12.12.12 birth
Last updated at 13:02, Friday, 14 December 2012
A Broughton Moor couple had a special reason to celebrate December 12 2012 as they welcomed their second child into the world.
Due to interpretation of the Mayan calendar, many people believed the world was going to end on 12.12.12 but for Iris Mae Chandler the date was just the beginning.
Mum Andrea, 32, gave birth at 7.25am on Wednesday, four days after her due date and following a five-and-a-half-hour labour.
Iris Mae weighed in at 7lb 8oz and is the second daughter for Andrea and husband Simon, 35, of Chapel Terrace.
Andrea said: “I didn’t give any thought to the actual date until the nurse told us afterwards.”
Simon added: “It’s a unique date that I’ll never forget.
“Our daughter Lyla Grace is six on New Year’s Eve so we have memorable dates for both daughters.”
Wednesday was the last time for 89 years that all the numbers in the calendar matched up. The next time it happens will be January 1, 2101.
First published at 12:10, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (2 comments)
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts (3 comments)
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition (1 comment)
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines