Broughton Moor family celebrate 12.12.12 birth
Last updated at 13:02, Friday, 14 December 2012
A Broughton Moor couple had a special reason to celebrate December 12 2012 as they welcomed their second child into the world.
Due to interpretation of the Mayan calendar, many people believed the world was going to end on 12.12.12 but for Iris Mae Chandler the date was just the beginning.
Mum Andrea, 32, gave birth at 7.25am on Wednesday, four days after her due date and following a five-and-a-half-hour labour.
Iris Mae weighed in at 7lb 8oz and is the second daughter for Andrea and husband Simon, 35, of Chapel Terrace.
Andrea said: “I didn’t give any thought to the actual date until the nurse told us afterwards.”
Simon added: “It’s a unique date that I’ll never forget.
“Our daughter Lyla Grace is six on New Year’s Eve so we have memorable dates for both daughters.”
Wednesday was the last time for 89 years that all the numbers in the calendar matched up. The next time it happens will be January 1, 2101.
First published at 12:10, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (1 comment)
- NEW PHOTOS: Sun shone on Sealy Spyatstock
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company
- Workington care home put residents’ safety ‘at risk’
- West Cumbria woman Harriet turns 100
- Performing arts hub planned for Workington
- Workington boy scores top marks for school attendance
- Council couple lead Maryport parking charge fight
- Help former Workington Reds kit man net charity cash