Broughton Moor family celebrate 12.12.12 birth
Last updated at 13:02, Friday, 14 December 2012
A Broughton Moor couple had a special reason to celebrate December 12 2012 as they welcomed their second child into the world.
Due to interpretation of the Mayan calendar, many people believed the world was going to end on 12.12.12 but for Iris Mae Chandler the date was just the beginning.
Mum Andrea, 32, gave birth at 7.25am on Wednesday, four days after her due date and following a five-and-a-half-hour labour.
Iris Mae weighed in at 7lb 8oz and is the second daughter for Andrea and husband Simon, 35, of Chapel Terrace.
Andrea said: “I didn’t give any thought to the actual date until the nurse told us afterwards.”
Simon added: “It’s a unique date that I’ll never forget.
“Our daughter Lyla Grace is six on New Year’s Eve so we have memorable dates for both daughters.”
Wednesday was the last time for 89 years that all the numbers in the calendar matched up. The next time it happens will be January 1, 2101.
First published at 12:10, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Go-ahead for 320-home Cockermouth estate (7 comments)
- Pupils' plea for new lollipop man or woman
- Double retirement at Aspatria's Beacon Hill School
- Pharmacy opening times over Christmas and new year
- Council services during festive period
- Search for family of VC hero ahead of memorial event
- Anger at closure of town register office
- Man airlifted to hospital after major fall in Workington
- Controversial Cockermouth housing estate plans given go ahead by Allerdale council (2 comments)
- West Cumbrian road closed as water main bursts