Charity skydive is last challenge on Maryport woman's pre-birthday list
Last updated at 21:22, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A Maryport woman will fulfil a lifelong dream by jumping out of a plane for charity.
Natalie Irving, 29, of Grasslot, is hoping her skydive will raise about £5,000 for Together for Short Lives and Breast Cancer Campaign.
These two charities are supported by building materials supplier Travis Perkins and Natalie is the assistant manager at the Workington branch.
Skydiving is the last thing on Natalie’s list to do before she turns 30 on April 20.
She has already snorkelled in the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, and travelled across the USA.
She said: “I am terrified.
“Customers have been very supportive. I have already got over £1,000 just from customers.
“It’s a nice feeling as it’s something I have wanted to do but I am also helping two good charities.
“It makes you feel good about yourself because you know you are helping people.”
Natalie will be doing the skydiving on Saturday, April 14, at Flookburgh Airfield, near Grange-over-Sands.
She has already raised about £1,100.
To sponsor Natalie visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ NatalieIrving or Travis Perkins in Workington.
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 15 March 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Workington Hall safety work begins
- PHOTOS: Troops march into the heart of Maryport
- Wreath mission to war graves of town’s fallen
- Garage beauty salon’s 10 years
- Keswick's former pencil factory to be sold
- Gary the Ferret’s big day out leads to uproar on bus
- Bid to replace vandalised seating
- Judge tells allotment holders to leave in six weeks
- Traders in TV advert push to promote town (2 comments)
- Friends plan party to remember Chloe at 21