Cockermouth girls to host clothes show for foreign trip
Last updated at 12:00, Friday, 23 November 2012
Three Cockermouth School pupils will hold a fashion show next month to raise funds for a trip to Nepal.
Catherine Trafford, Rachel Morgan and Charlotte Rhodes, all 16, hope the money raised will go some way towards raising £4,000 which they each need to go on their World Challenge expedition.
They will spend a month in Nepal next summer, including a 12-day trek and time helping to repaint and teach English in schools.
The fashion show, which will take place on December 5 at 7pm at the school’s Eco-centre, will involve the girls doing make-up demonstrations with the help of Sophia Atcha as well as modelling day and evening wear.
Some of the dresses have been donated by Catherine’s mother Sandra who owns clothing shop Desire in Station Street, Cockermouth,
Catherine said: “We hope it will give people ideas for Christmas and we will be showing which kind of make-up goes with which dresses.”
They hope to sell around 200 tickets and will hold a raffle for prizes donated by local shops.
Rachel said: “The Nepal challenge will be a good experience where we will be helping out other people and see a completely different environment and culture.”
Show tickets are £5 and available from either Desire or SR Shoes on Station Street.
First published at 10:49, Friday, 23 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Here’s Jonny! Event organiser can’t wait to get Northbound
- Fund-raising calendar planned in Flimby
- Wall art unveiled at Workington care home
- Cockermouth swimmer Luke aims to go from Baku to Rio
- Road closures for Flimby Carnival
- Art helps Brigham woman Carol on road to recovery
- Blue is the colour for Seaton toddler Zayn
- Maryport woman in court on Workington care home neglect charges
- Local sailors prepare to feature in Lake District film