Cockermouth woman is a jubilee TV star
Last updated at 19:49, Thursday, 07 June 2012
A Cockermouth woman got more than she bargained for when she attended the jubilee celebrations in London at the weekend as she was featured on ITV news.
Sue Marshall, of Swinside Close, travelled to the capital with her mum Margaret Barker, of Middlesbrough.
The pair met Sue’s daughter Laura Marshall, 23, on Sunday to watch the river pageant.
Then on Monday they went to The Mall to watch the concert there and pitched a tent to save a good spot for Tuesday’s celebrations.
There they were approached by reporter Lewis Caine, who asked if he could pitch up next to them and use them as a feature family throughout the rest of the events.
Sue and Margaret were filmed putting on face paints ready for the festivities and enjoying the atmosphere.
Five clips about them were broadcast on ITV.
The pair were also filmed by the BBC and Sky and had photos taken by Hello magazine.
Sue, 48, said: “We can’t believe that out of the thousands there he took a shine to us.”
Cockermouth firm Lawson’s Haulage also played its part in the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee – by pulling a nine-and-a-half-ton boat to London and back.
It transported the Queen of the Lake on the 600-mile round trip free of charge for it to take part in the 1,000-boat pageant on the River Thames on Sunday. Jim and Eileen Lawson, of Lawson’s Haulage, were among those on the vessel.
First published at 19:19, Thursday, 07 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- VIDEO: Young film-maker Lee tackles a tough issue
- Man, 36, arrested after serious sexual assault in West Cumbria
- Papcastle mum sets up charity in her front room
- Workington councillor to step down
- Lantern parade to boost West Cumbria town after roadworks
- West Cumbrian school feels a chill for a good cause
- Rocker Dez thinks big to promote his rock night
- A new start for apprentices
- Testing smells at West Cumbria factory (4 comments)
- Fury over possible sale of war memorial land (3 comments)
- Mersey paradise
- Pupils share Olympic glory
- ‘Increase council tax or face the consequences’ (5 comments)
- Teenagers riding high over BMX track
- Lewis Bell
- MP demands government cash pledge to
- Tide tables
- Millom residents offered green gadgets to cut food waste
- Millom drinker to be sentenced for attack on his mother (1 comment)
- Man’s grim journey to Millom to identify girlfriend's body
- Millom vandals cause hundreds of pounds worth of damage
- Baby found on Millom tip may not have been murdered
- ‘Miracle’ drug could be key to new life for Millom girl
- Lewis Bell
- Campaign to name baby found dead in Millom tip (11 comments)
- Millom Weight Watchers leader steps down after helping hundreds (1 comment)
- Was the Millom tip baby's death a tragic accident?
- Cumbria borough tops poll of affordable property (1 comment)
- Sarah Maguire
- Millom teen thrilled by sponsorship