Cockermouth woman is a jubilee TV star
Last updated at 19:49, Thursday, 07 June 2012
A Cockermouth woman got more than she bargained for when she attended the jubilee celebrations in London at the weekend as she was featured on ITV news.
Sue Marshall, of Swinside Close, travelled to the capital with her mum Margaret Barker, of Middlesbrough.
The pair met Sue’s daughter Laura Marshall, 23, on Sunday to watch the river pageant.
Then on Monday they went to The Mall to watch the concert there and pitched a tent to save a good spot for Tuesday’s celebrations.
There they were approached by reporter Lewis Caine, who asked if he could pitch up next to them and use them as a feature family throughout the rest of the events.
Sue and Margaret were filmed putting on face paints ready for the festivities and enjoying the atmosphere.
Five clips about them were broadcast on ITV.
The pair were also filmed by the BBC and Sky and had photos taken by Hello magazine.
Sue, 48, said: “We can’t believe that out of the thousands there he took a shine to us.”
Cockermouth firm Lawson’s Haulage also played its part in the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee – by pulling a nine-and-a-half-ton boat to London and back.
It transported the Queen of the Lake on the 600-mile round trip free of charge for it to take part in the 1,000-boat pageant on the River Thames on Sunday. Jim and Eileen Lawson, of Lawson’s Haulage, were among those on the vessel.
First published at 19:19, Thursday, 07 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Artwork reflects Maryport history
- Little Clifton couple on a mission to help Gambia
- Tune in to Maryport man's pampered pooch TV reality show
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (4 comments)
- Dog-friendly Keswick pub set to reopen (2 comments)
- Maryport bus cuts hit traders (1 comment)
- Award chance for Greysouthen writer
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud
- Funeral tributes to Flimby man Brian
- Resounding ‘no’ to plan to sell-off Lorton community hall
- Distillery ready to start production
- Carlisle builder lands £4m deal for school extension
- Event shows how success often runs in the family
- Factory to close down with the loss of 30 jobs
- M-Sport defends its plan for car development track at Dovenby
- Strong profits rise for Carlisle-based H&H Group
- Recognition for Cumbrian hotel in AA awards
- New director heads up banking team
- Willing to donate
- Cumbria firms get advice on how to tackle internet trolls
- Carlisle man injured after being attacked in city centre hotel car park
- Care home worker on trial for sex assault
- Millom driver left with cuts and bruises after crash with dry stone wall
- Barrow Thriller street dancers show they’ve all the fright moves
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator
- Carlisle woman who helped paedophile jailed for 14 years
- HGV and car crash on motorway near Carlisle
- Large buoy washed up on Walney
- Change of medication led to Barrow man’s shoplifting, court told (2 comments)
- Barrow dad 'attack could have killed me' (2 comments)