Cumbria Community Foundation boss receives OBE
Last updated at 21:45, Thursday, 30 June 2011
Andy Beeforth, director of Cumbria Community Foundation, was awarded his OBE at Buckingham Palace this week.
Mr Beeforth, 42, of Henry Street, Cockermouth, has worked for the grant-giving organisation, based at Dovenby, since its launch 11 years ago.
He has worked on high profile fund-raising campaigns launched in the wake of the 2001 foot and mouth crisis, the 2005 Carlisle floods and the 2009 West Cumbria floods.
Mr Beeforth, who previously worked for Voluntary Action Cumbria, said he was shocked when he received the letter notifying him of the honour.
He said: “This a-ward also recognises the work the foundation as a whole has done.”
- Mr Beeforth – and NMP’s Gary McKeating – are in training for the charity Rivers Ride cycling event in September in West Cumbria. Read their training diaries here
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 30 June 2011
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves
- West Cumbrian community stranded by tough bus cuts
- West Cumbrian family praise air ambulance
- Howdens remains closed after man's death
- People power wins fight on parking charges
- Settlement reached over lab man’s asbestos death