Cumbria Community Foundation boss receives OBE
Last updated at 21:45, Thursday, 30 June 2011
Andy Beeforth, director of Cumbria Community Foundation, was awarded his OBE at Buckingham Palace this week.
Mr Beeforth, 42, of Henry Street, Cockermouth, has worked for the grant-giving organisation, based at Dovenby, since its launch 11 years ago.
He has worked on high profile fund-raising campaigns launched in the wake of the 2001 foot and mouth crisis, the 2005 Carlisle floods and the 2009 West Cumbria floods.
Mr Beeforth, who previously worked for Voluntary Action Cumbria, said he was shocked when he received the letter notifying him of the honour.
He said: “This a-ward also recognises the work the foundation as a whole has done.”
- Mr Beeforth – and NMP’s Gary McKeating – are in training for the charity Rivers Ride cycling event in September in West Cumbria. Read their training diaries here
First published at 19:22, Thursday, 30 June 2011
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- PHOTOS: Downies swing first victory against Uppies
- A66 at Keswick reopens after two-vehicle crash A66
- Pub back on tap after flood
- Restaurant now on the menu for cafe owners
- Doubts over new Aspatria rock festival
- Heat turned up in bid for lower energy bills
- Petition protest over plan for more homes on estate
- Old church has another new owner (1 comment)
- Moon jellies light up aquarium
- Carnival is cancelled over town roadworks