Euromillions lotto win for West Cumbrian man
Last updated at 14:38, Friday, 20 June 2014
A customer at a Seaton corner shop is believed to have won £138,000 on the Euromillions lottery.
The identity of the winner in last week’s lottery has not been revealed, but it is understood that they bought a ticket at Poundsavers on Hunters Drive
Store owner Satnam Singh, 53, said that if true it was the first big win for the shop, which has been selling lottery tickets since 1999.
Mr Singh said: “Everybody is talking about it and saying that the shop is very lucky. I hope the winner enjoys the money.”
A spokeswoman for the Camelot Group, which operates the Euromillions lottery, declined to confirm or deny a Seaton winner.
First published at 14:15, Friday, 20 June 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Campaign to name part of Eastbourne Pier after Maryport worker Stephen Penrice
- Salute West Cumbria's superheroes
- ‘Alfie is my superhero- Meet the children of the year
- Bid to call-in Workington leisure centre plans fail (3 comments)
- Free Boxing Day bus services announced
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves