George has got chills and they’re multiplying
Last updated at 20:42, Thursday, 24 May 2012
Grease is the word they’ll be singing in Maryport next month.
Local film buff and town councillor George Mitchell is organising a Grease sing-along event to raise money for Hospice at Home West Cumbria.
It will be held at the town’s Wave Centre on Friday, June 22.
A sing-along version of the 1978 hit film, which starred John Travolta and Olivis Newton-John, will be shown on a full screen.
There will be a 30 to 40-minute event beforehand organised by Claire Mattinson, an Oughterside performing arts teacher who entertained thousands of children during the recent Titanic exhibition.
Mr Mitchell, 43, of Ennerdale Road, said this would be a fun way to raise money for a worthwhile cause.
He said people were offering their services free including the Wave Centre, Claire and her entertainers, and Paul Williamson from Firpress who has printed the show’s posters.
How Bazaar, the Curzon Street shop which specialises in costumes, is offering Grease-appropriate fancy dress at discounted prices for the event, he said.
The Wave Centre will provide a range of “Grease” cocktails and the kind of food enjoyed by 50s teenagers – hot dogs, hamburgers and fries.
Tickets are on sale now and can be bought from the Wave Centre.
Call 01900 811450.
First published at 19:21, Thursday, 24 May 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Here’s Jonny! Event organiser can’t wait to get Northbound
- Fund-raising calendar planned in Flimby
- Wall art unveiled at Workington care home
- Cockermouth swimmer Luke aims to go from Baku to Rio
- Road closures for Flimby Carnival
- Art helps Brigham woman Carol on road to recovery
- Blue is the colour for Seaton toddler Zayn
- Maryport woman in court on Workington care home neglect charges
- Local sailors prepare to feature in Lake District film