Harrington school cook leaves after 25 years
Last updated at 12:19, Friday, 26 October 2012
After more than 25 years of feeding hungry schoolchildren, June Edmonson is retiring as assistant cook at Harrington’s Beckstone Primary School.
Mrs Edmonson started as assistant cook at Harrington Junior School, which she attended as a child, and was only supposed to be there for a few days but was kept on.
When the school closed in 2005 she stayed on the site to work at the new Beckstone Primary School.
Mrs Edmonson, 61, of Wether Riggs Road, Salterbeck, Workington, said: “It is a great school to work for with great staff and kids. I love it all.
“What I will miss the most is seeing the kids every day.”
Mrs Edmonson plans to spend her retirement reading, knitting and looking after her three grandchildren, Caitlen, 10, seven-year-old Freya and six-year-old Harley.
The school’s cook Susan Armstrong has worked with Mrs Edmonson for 10 years.
She said: “She is the life and soul of the kitchen and my right hand man. We will all miss her.”
First published at 11:56, Friday, 26 October 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Woman, 50, found dead in Maryport
- Solfest is back with a bang!
- An appointment with the doctor in Aspatria
- Call for more cyclists to join Team Townend Challenge
- Beauty beats bullies with dress design
- Lulu named as Maryport Blues Festival headliner (2 comments)
- Polar bear photo in top exhibition
- Design a Cockermouth cake
- UK first for West Cumbrian factory in prostate cancer fight
- Tributes to West Cumbria's Paul Harrison