Harrington school cook leaves after 25 years
Last updated at 12:19, Friday, 26 October 2012
After more than 25 years of feeding hungry schoolchildren, June Edmonson is retiring as assistant cook at Harrington’s Beckstone Primary School.
Mrs Edmonson started as assistant cook at Harrington Junior School, which she attended as a child, and was only supposed to be there for a few days but was kept on.
When the school closed in 2005 she stayed on the site to work at the new Beckstone Primary School.
Mrs Edmonson, 61, of Wether Riggs Road, Salterbeck, Workington, said: “It is a great school to work for with great staff and kids. I love it all.
“What I will miss the most is seeing the kids every day.”
Mrs Edmonson plans to spend her retirement reading, knitting and looking after her three grandchildren, Caitlen, 10, seven-year-old Freya and six-year-old Harley.
The school’s cook Susan Armstrong has worked with Mrs Edmonson for 10 years.
She said: “She is the life and soul of the kitchen and my right hand man. We will all miss her.”
First published at 11:56, Friday, 26 October 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Former aquarium worker’s £118,000 theft charge
- Inspirational Kelly is the pride of Cumbria
- Injured soldier’s royal games joy
- Cockermouth infant school mum eyes top award
- Cathy’s cooking up a storm
- Nature reserve under threat from beck silt
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier
- Honour the heroes of our communities
- VIDEO: Young film-maker Lee tackles a tough issue