Man’s body found on West Cumbrian fell
Last updated at 08:48, Monday, 09 September 2013
A man has been found dead on a West Cumbrian fell this morning.
Police said at 10.21pm last night a man, in his late 50s, failed to return home after being out on his mountain bike.
Efforts were made throughout the night to locate his vehicle to establish the area he was in.
At 4.50am today, Keswick Mountain Rescue Team located the body of a man on Lonscale Fell.
A police spokesman said: “Formal identification will take place, but the family of the man who was reported missing are being supported at this time.”
First published at 08:46, Monday, 09 September 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Coal mining memorial planned for town centre
- Free surprise as Julie says it with flowers
- Teacher earns trophy by a whisker
- ‘Three-year wait’ for disc parking on Cockermouth street
- Council pair offer £9,000 to end years of misery for bus passengers
- Tony’s now a winner in his life-long battle of the bulge
- Cockermouth Beer Festival goes down a treat
- New lease of life for historic Workington pub
- Author’s visit to school is no fantasy
- Fallen tree closes main West Cumbria road