Maryport churches host exhibitions
Last updated at 16:35, Friday, 22 August 2014
Two exhibitions in Maryport churches this weekend will tell very different stories.
A quilt festival at St Mary’s, in Netherhall, will show items made by Maryport women over the past couple of centuries as well as the patchwork patterns and designs used all over the world for quilts, clothing and soft furnishings.
Meanwhile, at All Souls Church in Netherton, floral artists from Workington Flower Club, with their friends, will create the Biblical Beatitudes in flowers as well as depicting the phrases Jesus used about himself.
Refreshments will be served at both venues. There will also be raffles, tombola and stalls.
First published at 15:52, Friday, 22 August 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Boiler problem shuts Workington swimming pools
- Charity bike ride next week
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids (1 comment)
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline (3 comments)
- Bargain Hunt crew visits West Cumbria
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Sarah Millican comes to Keswick
- COMING SOON: Uppies and Downies as it happens