Maryport churches host exhibitions
Last updated at 16:35, Friday, 22 August 2014
Two exhibitions in Maryport churches this weekend will tell very different stories.
A quilt festival at St Mary’s, in Netherhall, will show items made by Maryport women over the past couple of centuries as well as the patchwork patterns and designs used all over the world for quilts, clothing and soft furnishings.
Meanwhile, at All Souls Church in Netherton, floral artists from Workington Flower Club, with their friends, will create the Biblical Beatitudes in flowers as well as depicting the phrases Jesus used about himself.
Refreshments will be served at both venues. There will also be raffles, tombola and stalls.
First published at 15:52, Friday, 22 August 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Last clinic for school nurse Ann
- Second award for lifeboat crew doctor
- Graffiti artist Banksy pops into Cockermouth?
- New beat for new mum Laura
- Girls bring alive poems of Rossetti
- Cockermouth's flood defence work is a ‘waste of money’ says leading trader
- West Cumbrian firm in court over the death of worker
- ‘Too rude for TV’ Roy Chubby Brown flies in
- Obituary - John Payton, of Cockermouth
- No change on taxi fares in Allerdale