Maryport churches host exhibitions
Last updated at 16:35, Friday, 22 August 2014
Two exhibitions in Maryport churches this weekend will tell very different stories.
A quilt festival at St Mary’s, in Netherhall, will show items made by Maryport women over the past couple of centuries as well as the patchwork patterns and designs used all over the world for quilts, clothing and soft furnishings.
Meanwhile, at All Souls Church in Netherton, floral artists from Workington Flower Club, with their friends, will create the Biblical Beatitudes in flowers as well as depicting the phrases Jesus used about himself.
Refreshments will be served at both venues. There will also be raffles, tombola and stalls.
First published at 15:52, Friday, 22 August 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Man airlifted to hospital after major fall in Workington
- West Cumbrian road closed as water main bursts
- New footpath offers a safe shortcut to town’s hospital
- School play is tribute to ‘wonderful father’
- Obituary - John Thompson, of Workington
- Carnival blow over costs and lack of volunteers (1 comment)
- M-Sport planning meeting postponed (5 comments)
- Last salute for retiring Colonel Tom
- Grateful Elvin gives back at Christmas
- Big day nears for Laura