Maryport churches host exhibitions
Last updated at 16:35, Friday, 22 August 2014
Two exhibitions in Maryport churches this weekend will tell very different stories.
A quilt festival at St Mary’s, in Netherhall, will show items made by Maryport women over the past couple of centuries as well as the patchwork patterns and designs used all over the world for quilts, clothing and soft furnishings.
Meanwhile, at All Souls Church in Netherton, floral artists from Workington Flower Club, with their friends, will create the Biblical Beatitudes in flowers as well as depicting the phrases Jesus used about himself.
Refreshments will be served at both venues. There will also be raffles, tombola and stalls.
First published at 15:52, Friday, 22 August 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- VIDEO: Young film-maker Lee tackles a tough issue
- Man, 36, arrested after serious sexual assault in West Cumbria
- Papcastle mum sets up charity in her front room
- Workington councillor to step down
- Lantern parade to boost West Cumbria town after roadworks
- West Cumbrian school feels a chill for a good cause
- Rocker Dez thinks big to promote his rock night
- A new start for apprentices
- Testing smells at West Cumbria factory (4 comments)
- Fury over possible sale of war memorial land (2 comments)
- New Story Homes estate would leave us hemmed in, claim Carlisle residents
- Deep clean to spruce up Carlisle city centre streets (14 comments)
- Carlisle city centre to get free wifi (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd should offer manager job to McDonald (14 comments)
- Carr's Table Water biscuits lose Royal stamp of approval (16 comments)