Maryport men support soldiers through rally efforts
Last updated at 12:33, Friday, 12 July 2013
A classic Maryport rally car is being used to advertise a forces’ charity.
A Ford Escort Mexico, driven by David Mitchinson, 43, of Ewanrigg, and navigated by Ryan Winthrop, 43, of Netherton, has been painted with the logo and colours of Support Our Soldiers.
Mr Winthrop is the Cumbrian co-ordinator of the charity, which sends care packages to servicemen and women in war zones.
He has been rallying with Mr Mitchinson for about 20 years and was delighted he had agreed to paint the car.
Both are members of West Cumbria Motorsport Club, which organises the annual Greystoke Rally, which will take place on Sunday.
Mr Winthrop added: “We decided that it was time to take the car for its first outing.”
First published at 12:32, Friday, 12 July 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Workington honours forces heroes
- Workington physics trio scoop science cash
- East 17 head to Workington for Castle Rock
- Worry over future of West Cumbrian lake (1 comment)
- MP supports Workington man’s call for new organ donation system (3 comments)
- Workington school IT course hits problems (3 comments)
- Tributes to ‘one of Maryport’s loveliest men’ (4 comments)
- Workington continental market flops (7 comments)
- Orchids halt Maryport grass cutting (1 comment)
- BBC crew flies in to remake classic film in Cumbria