Maryport men support soldiers through rally efforts
Last updated at 12:33, Friday, 12 July 2013
A classic Maryport rally car is being used to advertise a forces’ charity.
A Ford Escort Mexico, driven by David Mitchinson, 43, of Ewanrigg, and navigated by Ryan Winthrop, 43, of Netherton, has been painted with the logo and colours of Support Our Soldiers.
Mr Winthrop is the Cumbrian co-ordinator of the charity, which sends care packages to servicemen and women in war zones.
He has been rallying with Mr Mitchinson for about 20 years and was delighted he had agreed to paint the car.
Both are members of West Cumbria Motorsport Club, which organises the annual Greystoke Rally, which will take place on Sunday.
Mr Winthrop added: “We decided that it was time to take the car for its first outing.”
First published at 12:32, Friday, 12 July 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- VIDEO: First look at West Cumbria's new hospital
- Mayor for Allerdale named
- New make-up of Allerdale council ruling executive (1 comment)
- Maryport grants soldiers freedom of the town
- Votes plea from West Cumbrian businesswoman
- New Workington MP pledges to be seen and heard
- Parish council results for Allerdale
- Maryport music festival raised £1,500
- Soldiers to get freedom of Maryport next week
- Maryport doctor helps Nepal earthquake victims