Police name man killed on A66 near Keswick
Last updated at 13:03, Friday, 14 December 2012
Police have named a pedestrian who died in a collision with two cars on the A66 near Keswick on Tuesday.
Alexander James Patterson, 43, from Old Hall Went, Cockermouth died in the crash at Braithwaite at 5.27pm.
The vehicles involved were a BMW 525, driven by a 53-year-old man from Cockermouth, and a Peugeot 306, driven by 60-year-old Keswick man.
Both drivers have been spoken to by the police and enquiries are continuing to establish the circumstances of the collision.
A police spokesman said no arrests had been made and Mr Patterson's family were being supported.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact PC John Firth of the western roads policing unit or Sergeant Jo Walker of the northern roads policing unit on 101.
First published at 12:42, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- PHOTOS: Downies swing first victory against Uppies
- A66 at Keswick reopens after two-vehicle crash A66
- Pub back on tap after flood
- Restaurant now on the menu for cafe owners
- Doubts over new Aspatria rock festival
- Heat turned up in bid for lower energy bills
- Petition protest over plan for more homes on estate
- Old church has another new owner (1 comment)
- Moon jellies light up aquarium
- Carnival is cancelled over town roadworks
- New beer marks Settle-Carlisle line anniversary
- Lighting firm’s success is beacon, says trade boss
- Preferred bidder for £1.4 billion Sellafield project
- Chippy owner celebrates milestone since expansion
- More mopeds help young people to scoot into work
- Overcoming barriers to gaining employability skills
- Insights into GSK expansion
- MEP hails training success
- Electronics are light of town
- Teacher helps schools to compute new IT curriculum
- Tributes to Barrow bus boss and humanitarian
- Inquest for Barrow dad who died in Thai prison
- Drunk man floored teens in Barrow street attack
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Barrow man in race assault hearing
- Barrow teen to face child porn charges
- Police name suspects arrested in connection with Cumbria building society robbery
- Police appeal for witnesses to Cumbria smash where a car to burst into flames
- Warning after teenager gets stuck in quicksand in Cumbria
- Rail passengers hit by engineering work