Police name West Cumbrian 20-year-old killed in car crash
Published at 16:22, Monday, 26 March 2012
Police have named a pedestrian killed in a collision with a car last night.
Raymond John Pattinson, 20, of Edinburgh Road, Maryport, died in hospital after the crash involving a Suzuki Swift at 7.46pm.
In a tribute his family said: “Ray was a fabulous son, grandson, brother and uncle. He enjoyed life to the full, he was a keen Arsenal supporter and was devoted to his team.
“Ray had many friends and spent most of his spare time in Allonby where he enjoyed playing football and socialising. He was lovable, sensitive and very kind.
“Ray leaves behind his mother Romar, father Raymond, stepfather Trevor and grandparents Yvonne, John and Gerald.
"He also leaves his brothers and sisters Wayne, Marcus, Dale, Hannah, Emma, Katharyn and Jaedon, brothers-in-law Carl and Scott and sister-in-law Amy.
"He was also a caring uncle to Braedon, Bailey Jay, Oliver, Warren, Lilly Mae, Maegan, Michaela, Keelie, Chloe and Carly.
“Ray will be sadly missed by all including his aunts, uncles, cousins and many friends.”
Mr Pattinson was taken to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven with serious head injuries after the crash but died later.
The car driver, a 20-year-old Allonby man, was interviewed by police who are investigating the crash.
Witnesses or anybody with information is asked to call PC John Powell in the roads policing unit in Workington on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Man, 36, arrested after serious sexual assault in West Cumbria
- Papcastle mum sets up charity in her front room
- Workington councillor to step down
- Lantern parade to boost West Cumbria town after roadworks
- West Cumbrian school feels a chill for a good cause
- Rocker Dez thinks big to promote his rock night
- A new start for apprentices
- Testing smells at West Cumbria factory
- Fury over possible sale of war memorial land
- Talks continue over Workington slag banks crucifix (2 comments)