Scouts and cubs lend a hand in Maryport
Last updated at 13:17, Friday, 14 December 2012
Maryport people are getting the chance to have their local Christmas cards delivered at half the usual cost.
Maryport Beavers, Cubs and Scouts will collect Christmas cards from 11 post boxes around the town today.
They will sort the 30p mail tonight and deliver it tomorrow. It is expected that about 1,000 cards will be delivered.
It is the 20th year of the local delivery scheme.
Group leader Jeff Holliday said the money raised through the Christmas cards would be used for maintenance and renovation of the Scout Hall on George Street.
Residents have until lunchtime to get their cards into special post boxes at Cueto’s Newsagents, Peter Walsh’s Butcher, John Nicholson’s Butchers, Maryport News, Signpost Drop In, Ellen’s Shop (Netherton), the Co-op, Spar, Elbra Mini Market, Mitchell's, and Hillside Shop
First published at 12:09, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Workington restaurant becomes first host with Times & Star Heart Start campaign
- Buttermere backs Times & Star defibrillator campaign
- Volunteers learn to save lives through Times & Star campaign
- Times & Star staff and customers back defibrillator campaign
- Search for World War Two trio who helped seize leading Nazi
- Stroke victim Peter praises lifesavers
- Greggs branch closing (2 comments)
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (2 comments)
- Freeze on Allerdale councillors' allowances (4 comments)
- £2.5m wave energy boost for West Cumbrian firm