Scouts and cubs lend a hand in Maryport
Last updated at 13:17, Friday, 14 December 2012
Maryport people are getting the chance to have their local Christmas cards delivered at half the usual cost.
Maryport Beavers, Cubs and Scouts will collect Christmas cards from 11 post boxes around the town today.
They will sort the 30p mail tonight and deliver it tomorrow. It is expected that about 1,000 cards will be delivered.
It is the 20th year of the local delivery scheme.
Group leader Jeff Holliday said the money raised through the Christmas cards would be used for maintenance and renovation of the Scout Hall on George Street.
Residents have until lunchtime to get their cards into special post boxes at Cueto’s Newsagents, Peter Walsh’s Butcher, John Nicholson’s Butchers, Maryport News, Signpost Drop In, Ellen’s Shop (Netherton), the Co-op, Spar, Elbra Mini Market, Mitchell's, and Hillside Shop
First published at 12:09, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Former aquarium worker’s £118,000 theft charge
- Inspirational Kelly is the pride of Cumbria (1 comment)
- Injured soldier’s royal games joy
- Cockermouth infant school mum eyes top award
- Cathy’s cooking up a storm
- Nature reserve under threat from beck silt
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier (1 comment)
- Honour the heroes of our communities
- VIDEO: Young film-maker Lee tackles a tough issue