Scouts and cubs lend a hand in Maryport
Last updated at 13:17, Friday, 14 December 2012
Maryport people are getting the chance to have their local Christmas cards delivered at half the usual cost.
Maryport Beavers, Cubs and Scouts will collect Christmas cards from 11 post boxes around the town today.
They will sort the 30p mail tonight and deliver it tomorrow. It is expected that about 1,000 cards will be delivered.
It is the 20th year of the local delivery scheme.
Group leader Jeff Holliday said the money raised through the Christmas cards would be used for maintenance and renovation of the Scout Hall on George Street.
Residents have until lunchtime to get their cards into special post boxes at Cueto’s Newsagents, Peter Walsh’s Butcher, John Nicholson’s Butchers, Maryport News, Signpost Drop In, Ellen’s Shop (Netherton), the Co-op, Spar, Elbra Mini Market, Mitchell's, and Hillside Shop
First published at 12:09, Friday, 14 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Did you hear Workington's big bang? (10 comments)
- Blue is the colour for Seaton toddler Zayn
- Lakes College learners celebrated
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Here’s Jonny! Event organiser can’t wait to get Northbound
- Fund-raising calendar planned in Flimby
- Wall art unveiled at Workington care home
- Cockermouth swimmer Luke aims to go from Baku to Rio
- Road closures for Flimby Carnival
- Art helps Brigham woman Carol on road to recovery