Settling into family fun in Maryport
Last updated at 20:21, Thursday, 19 July 2012
The Settlement threw a family party for Maryport on Sunday.
Around 60 people attended the event, which was organised by Beautiful Beginnings, which runs a parent-child group at the Settlement.
Guest speaker was Veronika Robinson, founder of the Mother magazine, which promotes natural parenting.
Children’s entertainer Scotty, of Scotty and Lulu, delighted youngsters with his antics and Settlement manager Jane Donaldson said it had been a success.
The afternoon also included games, face painting, arts and crafts, a tombola, gardening, bric a brac stalls and natural family advice.
First published at 19:20, Thursday, 19 July 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- A595 roadworks completed
- West Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Firm keeps La’al Ratty on track
- Hotel copule earn top AA award
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
- Chamber launches West Cumbria business breakfast
- Former lecturer restores rotting Maryport boat
- Vandals take plaques in memory of Great Clifton teen David Foster (9 comments)
- Cat killed in Workington dog attack (1 comment)
- Broughton Moor care home approved despite objections (4 comments)