She’s in fashion
Last updated at 13:30, Friday, 23 May 2014
A Cockermouth woman is setting the local fashion industry alight after landing a job managing one of the country’s most iconic fashion labels.
Orlanda Wright, 26, of Belle Vue, Cockermouth, is retail manager for the Jacques Vert group at Carlisle’s House of Fraser store.
Her love of fashion has seen her manage a team of 17 assistants and eight major fashion brands.
She started last month and oversees labels including Alexon, Windsmoor, Dash, Kaliko, Planet, Precis Petite, Minuet Petite and Jacques Vert.
She worked her way up from roles such as personal shopper and brand specialist.
Orlanda said: “The local fashion scene is really taking off now and I have had some amazing opportunities.
“It’s a dream job working with these heritage brands and with local women to give them premium fashion to suit their own style.”
She said her future goals could one day see her organise a leading fashion event for the area.
First published at 13:28, Friday, 23 May 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- New Taste Cumbria food fair launched
- Woman, 50, found dead in Maryport
- Solfest is back with a bang! (1 comment)
- An appointment with the doctor in Aspatria
- Call for more cyclists to join Team Townend Challenge
- Beauty beats bullies with dress design
- Lulu named as Maryport Blues Festival headliner (5 comments)
- Polar bear photo in top exhibition
- Design a Cockermouth cake
- UK first for West Cumbrian factory in prostate cancer fight (2 comments)