She’s in fashion
Last updated at 13:30, Friday, 23 May 2014
A Cockermouth woman is setting the local fashion industry alight after landing a job managing one of the country’s most iconic fashion labels.
Orlanda Wright, 26, of Belle Vue, Cockermouth, is retail manager for the Jacques Vert group at Carlisle’s House of Fraser store.
Her love of fashion has seen her manage a team of 17 assistants and eight major fashion brands.
She started last month and oversees labels including Alexon, Windsmoor, Dash, Kaliko, Planet, Precis Petite, Minuet Petite and Jacques Vert.
She worked her way up from roles such as personal shopper and brand specialist.
Orlanda said: “The local fashion scene is really taking off now and I have had some amazing opportunities.
“It’s a dream job working with these heritage brands and with local women to give them premium fashion to suit their own style.”
She said her future goals could one day see her organise a leading fashion event for the area.
First published at 13:28, Friday, 23 May 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (1 comment)
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts (2 comments)
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines
- Four Workington pubs sold
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (10 comments)
- Snooker hall demolition planned in Workington (2 comments)
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (7 comments)